Seeking Economic Development Strategy Consultant
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
Worcester Regional Chamber of Commerce seeks economic development consultant
The Worcester Regional Chamber of Commerce (Chamber) is developing a Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS). This project, funded in part by a grant from the U.S. Economic Development Administration (EDA), will establish an economic plan that focuses on local and regional strengths to better align development strategies. The CEDS will include an analysis of local economies, establish economic development goals, highlight project opportunities, and create a formulated program to reduce unemployment and increase incomes throughout the region.
SCOPE OF WORK
To aid in the requirements of the grant the Chamber is seeking the assistance of a seasoned economic development consultant. The selected candidate will perform outreach, data collection and analysis, scheduling and facilitation of stakeholder meetings, and other task as necessary. Analysis of the data collected will drive the substance of the report created at the end of the process. The report is intended to shape the economic development strategies for a region of 42 municipalities and will contain policy initiatives and recommendations including specifically identified assets for
recruitment of new business to the region.
The desired candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience as an economic development consultant.
- Experience identifying economic assets within a community and region.
- Experience in conducting SWOT analyses for economically diverse municipalities in a region.
- Effective time management skills working independently to accomplish tasks and assignments.
- Ability to interact with diverse stakeholder groups to gather necessary information and data.
- Experience analyzing economic, census, and demographic data and preparing reports.
- Experience developing and implementing models and methods to achieve desired outcomes.
- Working knowledge of CEDS.
- General knowledge of Worcester County, Massachusetts.
HOW TO RESPOND
Responses to this RFP should be no longer than five pages in length and must discuss the applicant’s plan for compiling the necessary data. Responses should include references to prior projects and experiences of the candidate that relate to economic development strategies. References for projects completed in the past should also be included in the response.
Responses may be sent to: email@example.com
Deadline: Friday, April 25, 2016