The Chamber’s roundtable initiatives provide our members with opportunities to share the issues you face as you operate your business, to seek support from each other, and to learn about programs and benefits to assist you. Your input helps to shape the Chamber’s public policy agenda as well as determining the stances that we take on specific policy initiatives resulting in a direct impact on your business.
Health Care Roundtable
Whether it’s at the caring hands of a provider, selecting insurance coverage, or weaving our way through myriad choices, we all experience our health care system. And it’s changing at lightening fast speed. This roundtable takes a comprehensive view of the industry to help the business and provider communities understand how we can work together to reduce costs and improve outcomes.
Comprised of providers, insurance professionals, and public and private partners, they work to understand the challenges and needs of the health care sector and to keep members appraised of important changes and ways to control health care spending.
The Manufacturing Roundtable established a legislative agenda targeting programs impacting the industry. Through the Chamber’s advocacy we secured $440.6M in funding for the following:
• Regional Economic Development Organization Grants – $650,000
• Massachusetts Manufacturing Extension Partnership – $2M
• Workforce Training Fund Grants – $22.2M
• The Innovation Institute – $2M
• Precision Manufacturing Workforce Development Fund – $1.25M
• Massachusetts Life Sciences Center – $12.5M
Worcester is experiencing unprecedented growth in construction and development. We’re affordable, we’re accessible and we have investors who know it. To capitalize on this momentum, the Chamber has convened this group to establish a legislative agenda and create a climate where development is embraced and barriers impacting it are minimized.
Comprised of construction companies, architects, tradespeople, commercial lenders, and developers in both the public and private sectors, the Chamber’s Construction Roundtable works to understand the challenges and needs of this industry sector – from workforce, to legislative, to regulatory.
The Chamber’s roundtable forums are opportunities for area professionals in a variety of industry sectors and invited guests to:
· Exchange ideas and share updates and best practices in the industry
· Set a legislative agenda
· Participate in an open discussion about the issues that impact specific industries
· Discuss workforce needs
· Learn about new initiatives and programs that support the region’s different sectors
· Network with other industry professionals
To become involved in a roundtable, please contact the Chamber at 508.753.2924 or firstname.lastname@example.org