Leadership Worcester is an intensive nine-month leadership development program designed to bring together a diverse, creative, and energetic group of individuals in pursuit of Worcester’s brightest future. Leadership Worcester offers a full-day session once a month over the course of nine months, complemented with an opening overnight retreat and a concluding celebration. Participants represent a cross sector of the community, are typically sponsored by their employers where possible, or subsidized by scholarship aid.
Today’s leaders need:
· Communication skills
· An understanding of dramatically changing demographics and trends
· Knowledge of the community’s resources
· An ability to focus on shared goals and interests
· A desire to challenge old assumptions and address them for today’s realities
· A leadership program that reflects the challenges faced in the workplace and at home in a 24/7 wired environment
Our community needs:
· A collaborative mindset
· Networks that can talk to each other
· People with the capacity to see the big picture and a growing leadership cohort that knows how to get things done
Leadership Worcester will:
· Help participants acquire an understanding of the critical issues affecting the Central Massachusetts region;
· Develop the leadership and stewardship capabilities necessary to resolve those issues over the long haul;
· Facilitate access among participants and the current, top leadership in the region;
· Create an appreciation among participants who come from different backgrounds and have diverse interests; and
· Inspire participants to address community challenges and produce visible and positive change
Next class: September 2016
Applications will be available online by March 2016.
ABOUT LEADERSHIP WORCESTER’S PARTNERSHIP
Leadership Worcester is a joint initiative of Greater Worcester Community Foundation and the Worcester Regional Chamber of Commerce. The program engages promising new professionals in greater Worcester’s civic life and offers training and skill development to connect them with key players. Participants are outstanding local professionals with demonstrated leadership potential. The program operates from September through May. More information on the program and instructions for applying can be found here.
Worcester Youth Leadership Institute
The Worcester Youth Leadership Institute is a partnership between the Worcester Regional Chamber of Commerce, the Central Massachusetts Workforce Investment Board, the United Way of Central Massachusetts, United Families for Change, Worcester Community Action Council and the City of Worcester’s Youth Opportunities Office with support from community sponsors.The Institute offers 25 16-20 year olds to participate in a seven week, four-hour a week summer leadership program.
The goal of the Worcester Youth Leadership Institute is to develop and mentor Worcester’s future leaders.
The Institute introduces the participants to the business, government, education and non-profit sectors in a variety of ways; including talks, question and answer sessions with the leadership structures of these sectors and organizations, visits, tours and sessions at a number of venues to help expose and educate these young people to the multiple opportunities for future careers in their home city.
E-mail: Karen Pelletier if you are interested in participating in this program: email@example.com