Precautions to Prevent the Spread of Viruses
Simple precautions to help prevent the spread of the flu and other respiratory illnesses:
• Cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze, using a tissue or the inside of your elbow.
• Wash your hands for 20 seconds with soap and warm water frequently and use hand sanitizer.
• If you have a fever or feel sick, stay home and call your healthcare provider.
• Clean surfaces such as doorknobs and countertops with household cleaning spray or wipes.
• Think ahead about how to take care of yourself and your loved ones if the virus starts to spread.
• Get the flu vaccine – it’s not too late!
Get the latest information about COVID-19 in Massachusetts
See a printable factsheet
Resources from the Massachusetts Hospital Association
Additionally, MEMA’s Office of Preparedness and Emergency Management has posted helpful recommendations for what individuals can do to prepare for potential emergencies. That information is available here: mass.gov/KnowPlanPrepare.
Employees should speak with their managers about any additional concerns they may have. We will keep everyone updated as the situation progresses. In the meantime, everyone should practice good personal hygiene as outlined above.